Occlutech Paravalvular Leak Device
Paravalvular leak closure
The Occlutech PLD is a CE-marked device for closing paravalvular leaks and it offers a range of unique features. The Occlutech PLD is specifically designed to meet the needs in paravalvular leak closure. The design of the device allows alignment over the leak and therefore the ability to achieve complete closure. The device can be delivered from various routes (transapical or transfemoral) using small delivery catheters.
- Optimal positioning with two gold markers.
- Repositionable and fully retrievable.
- Double disc device made from nitinol braided wires with two PET patches –one in each disc.
- Available with different design options for different PVL morphologies Rectangular and Square.
- First CE marked device specifically designed for the closure of the PVL.
- Improved device success.1
- High success rate in achieving complete closure.2
- No interference with the prosthetic valve leaflets.2
- No interference with flow dynamics.3
The Occlutech PLD has not received FDA Premarket Approval, or been licensed by Health Canada.
Typical half-moon shaped paravalvular leak.
- Smolka et al, 2016, Transcatheter closure of paravalvular leaks using a paravalvular leak device – a prospective Polish registry.
- Yildirim et al, 2016, A New Specific Device in Transcatheter Prosthetic Paravalvular Leak Closure: A Prospective Two-Center Trial.
- Göktekin et al, 2016, Early experience of percutaneous paravalvular leak closure using a novel Occlutech occluder.