Occlutech ASD Occluder Designed for safety and excellence
The design of the Occlutech ASD Occluder results in a septum alignment which increases its feasibility and patient safety during implantation.1 Recent studies found that transcatheter closure of isolated secundum atrial septal defects using the novel design of the Occlutech ASD Occluder was safe, effective and had a closure rate of 97.3 % with an excellent outcome during the 12-month follow-up period.2,3
- New generation has optimized braiding pattern and less material at left atrial disc.
- The Occlutech ASD Occluder has a titanium oxide layer to reduce nickel leaching.4,5
- Spunbonded polyester patch facilitates endotheliaziation.
- The unique ball-connection between pusher and occluder safely locks it, while it freely follows the anatomy. Once in place it is easy and quick to deliver.6
- New generation has lower pull in forces and improved delivery sheath compatibility.7
- Reduced material exposure.7
- Significantly reduced mean procedure and fluoroscopic time compared to other devices (34%).6
The Flex II ASD has not received FDA Premarket Approval.
Optimal material and Design characteristics8
Product Instructions for Use
Looking for the user instructions
for our occluders and AFR?
Watch live cases of implantations
and placements of our occluders.
Get the latest documentation
regarding our occluders and AFR.
This movie is showing in a general way how an Occlutech ASD Occluder is implanted
3D TEE image of an implanted Occlutech
Perfect alignment of the Occluder to the Septum.9
50° angulation of Flex Pusher vs Occluder hub.
- Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2008 Krizanic F Optimal septum alignment of the Figulla® Flex occluder to the atrial septum in patients with secundum atrial septal defects
- Archives of Cardiovascular Diseases 2011
Cansel M Early single clinical experience with the new Figulla ASD Occluder for transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect in adults.
- Haas NA et.al. Closure of Secundum Atrial Septal Defects by Using the Occlutech Occluder Devices in More Than 1300 Patients:
The IRFACODE Project: A Retrospective Case Series.
- 2018_Kenny A randomized, controlled, multi-center trial of the efficacy and safety of the Occlutech Figulla Flex-II Occluder compared to
the Amplatzer Septal Occluder for transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defects
- 2013_Zuh_Oxidation of Nitinol and its Effect on Corrosion Resistance