Occlutech mVSD Occluder
Pushing the boundaries
in VSD closure
The Occlutech mVSD Occluder is an ideal device for closing muscular VSD (mVSD) as it offers a range of unique features. The Flex II range of occluders has been developed to fulfil Occlutech’s focus on constant innovation and improvement. It incorporates several new features compared to the previously existing technology. The Occlutech muscular VSD Occluder is a percutaneous, transcatheter muscular ventricular septal defect closure device, designed for the occlusion of hemodynamically significant muscular ventricular septal defects.
- Dedicated design for mVSD closure with long waist which accommodates the muscular ventricular septum.
- Symmetrical discs allow a smooth alignment over the defect.
- Unique braiding technology; soft and atraumatic device.
- Short disc rims exert minimum pressure on the surrounding tissue and cardiac structures.
- No distal hub, less material, less protrusion.
- Repositionable and fully retrievable.
- Special design to achieve complete closure.
- Patch material promotes fast occlusion and tissue ingrowth.
- Unique surface treatment reduces risk of thrombosis.
The Occlutech mVSD has not received FDA Premarket Approval, or been licensed by Health Canada.
8 mm muscular Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD).