Occlutech PDA Occluder
A step forward in PDA occlusion
The Occlutech PDA Occluder is an occluder for closing the defects in morphologically different configurations ranging from small tunnel-shaped ducts to large oval shunts. The design of the Occlutech PDA Occluder allows occlusion of the defect without any distal clamp.
- Wide range of diameter options.
- Different shank length options (standard and long shank).
- Low aortic profile without distal protruding hub.
- Protrusion toward the aortic side and the embolization risk is very low due to a wider pulmonary artery side than the aortic side.
- High radial holding force to the pulmonary artery at the end of the ductus.
- High flexibility and adaptability with unique braiding structure.
- High procedural success.1
- 100 % closure rate at 30 days.2
- No, or very low major cardiac event rate.3
PDA Occluder (42PDA06) in place.
- M. Bilici et al. Transcatheter Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus in Children with the Occlutech Duct Occluder. Pediatr Cardiol, Online 21 August 2017, DOI 10.1007/ s00246-017-1702-x.
- N. Hanna et al. The Occlutech Duct Occluder for Patent Ductus Arteriosus – A Retrospective Case Series. Journal of Structural Heart Disease, February 2017, Volume 3, Issue 1:1-7. DOI: http:// dx.doi.org/10.129451/.jshd.2017.16.002.
- V Kudumula et al. The New Occlutech Duct Occluder: Immediate Results – Procedural Challenges and Short-Term Follow-Up. CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE. VOL 27, EPUB 2015 APRIL 15.